The Israeli Security Concept has evolved from localized, critical infrastructure and resources-focused protection to become the cornerstone of the country’s homeland security enterprise and its overall security strategy. The security method of today entails prevention and immediate tactical response. Moreover, and most importantly, Security is embedded within Israel’s civil society.
This course takes participants through major milestones contributing to the evolving Israeli security concept, the lessons learned, and how these lessons have been implemented. During this course participants will learn and practice Israel’s active incident response style and tactics.
Length of Course:
3 Days (24 Hours)
Applicants must be in good physical condition with no medical restrictions. They must be capable of standing for moderate periods of time and executing moderate movements. These include kneeling, prone, maneuvering around obstacles, running and abrupt stopping, as well performing tactical drills.
Who Should Attend:
This course is intended for US Citizens with Conceal Carry permit. Trainees must possess fundamental firearms proficiency and safety.
Understand different approaches to security and active threat preparedness and response.
- Analyze lessons learned by the State of Israel regarding proven tactics, techniques, and procedures to combat active threats.
- Apply lessons learned within their respective organizations.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to achieve the following objectives in accordance with the information presented during the instructional period:
- Explain the Israeli Security Concept and the rationale behind it.
- Identify critical suspicions indicators prior to an active incident and how to apply it to a right prevention procedure.
- Given a scenario of suspicious indicators, demonstrate understanding of the nature of a threat and the appropriate response.
- Recognize the need to operate under high levels of stress with fortitude and aggressiveness appropriate to a given situation and within the confines of the law.
- Apply tools needed for a proper response such as Krav Maga and firearm.
- Demonstrate shooting and Krav Maga proficiency
This course employs lecture, discussion, demonstrations and practical exercises
100% Attendance. Successfully complete all practical exercises and written exam 80%.
Students must bring with them:
- Appropriate training attire
- Eye & Ear protection
- Pistol + 3 Magazines
- Holster suitable for a rapid draw and a magazine pouch for 2 magazines
- 250 pistol rounds
IMI Florida Academy Certification of Completion