A SEMINAR FOR PASTORS, LEADERS, SECURITY TEAMS, AND CONCERNED MEMBERS
As God-loving Americans, the security and sanctity of our houses of worship are paramount to us. Yet, today we see these sacred places being defiled by acts of terror and criminal behavior. We need to secure our sacred places in a way that prevents dangerous persons from doing harm to our congregations and properties, yet remain open sanctuaries for those who seek God.
Israel’s reputation for security is legendary. Israelis are dedicated to free religious practice and committed to preventing hostile actions toward its houses of worship. Israel’s IMI Academy for Advanced Security & Anti-Terror Training is recognized as the world leader in research and development of the most sophisticated security methods. Haim Geri, Senior Instructor in the Academy, will lead the seminar.
In this seminar participants will learn how to:
- Analyze videos of attacks and identify what security did right and wrong
- Apply principles of rings of protection and perimeter security to their facilities
- Recognize suspicious indicators
- Utilize questioning techniques to screen for potential threats
- Maintain a welcoming attitude and posture while assessing a possible threat
- Prevent potential threats from entering the sanctuary
- Help a congregation to recognize/report suspicious persons
- Prepare a congregation for the event of an active threat
- Develop plans for securing facilities and for recovery following a threat
- Recognize the need for proper training in responding to a threat and weaponry used by a threat
- Defensive action (Krav Maga, the Israeli method)
- Safe and competent pistol shooting (Israeli shooting method)
- Concealed Carry Permit Process
- Select members for a security team
- Work with law enforcement in obtaining intelligence on potential threats and developing follow up procedures
Coffee, sodas, light afternoon snacks will be provided during breaks. From approximately 5 until 6 PM, there will be an hour for questions & answers.
Registration/Payment: ACT NOW!!! Early Bird price is $25/person. After 2/21/2020, $35/person. At the door, $35/person, if seats are available. Doors open at 12 Noon for check-in and late registration. Questions? Call George at 404.918.7098.