What emerges is a set of highly practical and teachable tools for protecting one’s self and loved ones from harm. These tools include situational awareness, identifying suspicious indicators, physical self-defense, and use of offense as a defensive approach. At the heart of these tools is the conviction that you alone must take responsibility for your own defense as well as the defense of loved ones.
Harmful Threats. Analyzing prior harmful threat cases will help us to understand the threat’s mode of operation and ways that you might prevent or respond to an attack.
Introduction to Krav Maga. Krav Maga is an easy-to-learn self-defense tool originally developed by Hungarian Jews for self-protection against the Nazis. Learning to use these simple methods can help stop an assault and possibly save your life by using only your hands, arms, elbows, knees and feet.
Practice and live fire: Israeli method of shooting a pistol. You will have ample time to practice safe shooting methods used by the Israelis, including proper grip, trigger fingering, and shooting stance. Then, mostly at short distances, you will demonstrate what you have learned during actual fire drills. You will learn why Israel adopted these approaches and how they have proved to be effective in stopping threats.
Open Enrollment Contact: Dr. George Gaines, Director of Open Enrollment (email@example.com or 404.918.7098)
Instructor: Haim Geri, Senior Instructor at IMI Academy in Israel, will conduct the seminar. Previously, he served in the Israel Defense Forces as Company Commander and Assistant Chief of Staff for Operations in charge of the northern border. Upon discharge at the rank of Captain, Mr. Geri joined the General Security Services (GSS) of Israel where he served as Chief of Security for Israeli embassies in Latin America and Switzerland. He also served as an Air Marshall for El Al Airlines. Later, he joined the GSS Counter-Terror Academy to train students in aviation, maritime, critical infrastructure, and executive protection tactics. Mr. Geri brings decades of experience in counter-terrorism, SWAT, and firearms training to civilians at their levels of experience.
Length of Course: 2 Days (16 Hours)
Prerequisites: You must have either a current State-issued Concealed Carry Permit or equivalent (criminal background check, Permit to Purchase a Pistol in NC, etc.) and be capable of engaging in moderate physical exercise and have no medical restrictions. Please speak with Dr. Gaines in order to learn how to satisfy the prerequisites.
Who Should Attend: Women with minimal shooting experience who want to develop their skills in self-protection and defense of loved ones.
- To promote the mindset to engage from a tactically disadvantaged position
- To enhance the technical and tactical skills to survive the attack and eliminate threats with precision and speed
Course Objectives: At the end of this course, participants will be able to achieve the following objectives in accordance with the information presented during the instructional period:
- Identify critical threat indicators prior to an active incident, when possible, to prevent it from occurring.
- Demonstrate weapons proficiency and some Krav Maga skills.
- Operate under some stress with determination and aggressiveness appropriate to the given situation and within the confines of the law.
- Respond as a single operator and demonstrate the tactics necessary to successfully neutralize the threat.
Methodologies: This course employs lecture, discussion, demonstrations, practical and fun exercises
Course Requirements: 100% Attendance. Successfully complete all practical exercises, including 70% of speed/accuracy shooting test
Students must bring with them:
- State-issued concealed carry license/permit or equivalent
- Comfortable training attire
- Eye & ear protection
- Pistol + 3 Magazines (9 mm preferred)
- Holster suitable for a rapid draw
- Magazine pouch for two magazines
- 150 pistol rounds
Certification: IMI Florida Academy Certification of Completion
Registration: Students must register at IMI Florida Academy website
For more information regarding specific course itinerary for this location and other important details, Click below for detailed course description:
- Smokey Mountains Women's: Detailed Description (Register by 11/20/2019)