The Israeli active shooter response is based on the single fighter concept. Yet, the single fighter responding to an active shooter incident may find other law enforcement – or armed civilians – already on the scene. The Israeli Team Response Method course places the single fighter within a team that can engage in a coordinated manner through pre-defined tactical procedures without a need for a command structure.
Dr. George Gaines
Length of Course:
3 Days (24 hours)
Applicants must have successfully completed The Single Fighter Response Method course. Participants must be capable of engaging in physically rigorous exercise and be subject to no medical restrictions.
Who Should Attend:
Only those who have completed The Single Fighter Response Method course.
- Use the Single Fighter mentality and skills within the TEAM construct.
- Understand pre-defined tactical procedures and operate as a team without command structure.
- Engage as a TEAM to respond to an active incident with speed and accuracy.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to achieve the following objectives in accordance with the information presented during the instructional period:
- Identify foe or friend in complex environment
- Operate as a Single Fighter within a TEAM under high levels of stress with fortitude and aggressiveness appropriate to the given situation and within the confines of the law.
- Demonstrate advanced weapons proficiency and Krav Maga skills and apply those to a TEAM effort.
- Demonstrate TEAM tactics necessary to successfully neutralize the threat
This course employs lecture, discussion, demonstrations and practical exercises
100% Attendance. Successfully complete all practical exercises, including 70% of speed / accuracy shooting test
Students must bring with them:
- Appropriate attire,
- Eye & ear protection
- Pistol + 3 Magazines
- Carbine and carrying sling
- Holster suitable for a rapid draw
- Magazine pouch for two magazines
- 700 pistol rounds and 250 rifle rounds
IMI Florida Academy Certification of Completion
- 90% - Completion with Distinction
- 70% - Completion
- Certification of Participation
Students must dual register:
- Register with NCJA for housing/grade on our North Carolina Justice Academy Training Portal and
- IMI Florida Academy Website