The Israeli Fighting Method. This advanced course expands key concepts and methodologies that are used in training of security personnel to stop a threat: offense as a defensive approach, aggressiveness of action, and quick decision making. Specific course content is detailed in the Goals and Objectives below.
Open Enrollment Contact: George Gaines, Director, 404.918.7098 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Length of Course: 2 Days (16 Hours)
Prerequisites: Students must have successfully completed the basic course, “Israeli Tactical Training: Prevention, Response, Recovery.” As usual, everyone must have a current State-issued Concealed Carry Permit or comparable documentation and be capable of engaging in physically rigorous exercise and have no medical restrictions. You must be capable of disassembling and reassembling your pistol.
Who Should Attend: Previous graduates who wish to advance and sharpen their skills using the Israeli Fighting Method.
- To expand skills in engaging a threat from a tactically disadvantaged position
- To enhance the technical and tactical skills to survive the attack and eliminate threats with precision and speed
- Respond as a single operative and demonstrate the tactics necessary to successfully neutralize the threat
- Operate under high levels of stress with fortitude and aggressiveness appropriate to the given situation and within the confines of the law.
- To experience unexpected scenarios that demand quick decision making and effective shooting
In the 3 Day Course we learned how to defend ourselves using the 360 defense movement. In this advanced course we will go a step forward and train for the attack that follows our defense:
- Making a Fist
- Straight Punch
- Left and Right Punch
- Straight Punch with Advance
- Straight Punch Low
- Palm Heel Strike
- Elbow Strike: Horizontal High Elbow Strike, Sideways Elbow Strike, Horizontal Elbow Strike Backward, and Vertical Elbow Strike Forward and Down
- Front Kick (Regular)
- Front Push Kick
Fighting with a pistol
In the first seminar students gained understanding of the Israeli shooting system and the importance of the equilibrium/balance between speed and accuracy.
Students also experienced basic shooting after running and essential basic combat drills. In this advanced course we will train using tactics to survive an active incident:
- 50 Round shooting test (accuracy and speed)
- Fixing malfunctions test
- CQB for active shooter
- Dynamic entry versus limited entry while responding to an active threat
- Israeli limited entry technique
- Vehicular platform
- Shooting using a car as cover
- Shooting from inside a car, disembarking, and taking cover
Methodologies: This course employs demonstrations, practical and surprise exercises.
Course Requirements: 100% Attendance. Successfully complete all practical exercises, including 70% of speed/accuracy shooting test
Students must bring with them:
- State-issued concealed carry license/permit or comparable documentation showing current criminal background check
- Appropriate training attire
- Eye & ear protection
- Pistol + 3 Magazines (9 mm preferred)
- Holster suitable for a rapid draw
- Magazine pouch for two magazines
- 500 pistol rounds
Certification: IMI Florida Academy Certification of Completion
Registration: Students must register at IMI Florida Academy web site